What is Advent?
- Advent starts this year on Sunday, Nov 27th, and counts down the four Sundays until Christmas.
- Advent means “+He is coming”!
- Want to know more about Advent, the wreath, and how this Church season teaches what we need to know about Jesus?
Bible readings and meditations for each day of Advent and Christmas — 2022
- “A Son Is Given” daily Bible readings and meditations for Advent – In English – en français – in Chinese
- “Lo Impossible es Possible” daily Bible readings and meditations for Advent – in Spanish
- Additional weekly resources for families with younger children
- in English:
- “A Son is Given” for kids (scroll down)
- Kids’ Lectionary Learning
- Come and See Jesus – Sunday School at home for Advent and Christmas 2022
- Craft: Make your own Advent Wreath for families with kids
- Craft: Make your own Christmas Nativity for families with kids
- en français :
- Viens et vois Jésus – l’école du dimanche à la maison – avent et noel 2022
- Lectionnaire pour enfants
- Allons ensemble à la crèche (videos et bricolages pour l’avent et pour noël)
- Bricolage: Couronne de l’avent pour familles avec enfants
- Bricolage: Crèche de noël pour familles avec enfants
- in English:
- The great “O” Antiphons (prayers and hymns for Dec 17-23)
Les grandes antiennes “Ö” (prières et cantiques du 17 au 23 déc)
Brief Advent Table Devotions — 2022
Christmas Carolling – 2022
- Free Christmas Carolling Book (PDF)
The Good Shepherd gathers us – in person and online – during Advent and Christmas — 2022
- Note: In 2022, we moved to Riverview, NB!
- Sundays – 2pm the Chief Divine Service IN PERSON / ONLINE
- Sundays – 3:30pm Bible Study IN PERSON
- Tues – 7pm Readings and Prayers at Vespers for Advent IN PERSON / ONLINE
- Tues – 8pm Office du soir pour l’Avent: les vêpres (French) IN PERSON / ONLINE
- Étude Biblique pour l’Avent : l’arbre généalogique de Jésus, divine et humaine (French) ONLINE – comment nous joindre pour cette étude
- Christmas Eve, December 24 – 6:30pm IN PERSON / ONLINE
- Christmas Day, December 25 – 2pm IN PERSON / ONLINE
- We welcome to you join us IN PERSON whenever possible given Flu, COVID-19 and other health concerns – and we appreciate taking appropriate precautions out of love for one another, body mind and soul. Patience with one another during difficult times is encouraged, and we understand that different people are at different places with respect to what is safe or appropriate for them and what they are comfortable with.
- If you are not able or at a place where you can come IN PERSON, please join us ONLINE to nevertheless be able to receive Jesus’ care, strength and comfort though His life-giving Word.
- All are welcome!
Articles to read about Advent, Christmas and beyond
May God bless His work of preparing you for Christmas this Advent through His Word and Sacraments, where +He comes to you now, and bring you to great joy at hearing the Christmas Gospel proclaimed, sung, and applied to sinners – that you may be +His always.
+Peace be with you through Christ our Saviour,