Let God’s Word prepare you this Lent and Holy Week for Easter’s great Joy!
Lent 2022: a time for God to prepare us for Easter by His Word
- Article: “What to give up for Lent?” (It’s not about what you think!)
Every Day in the Word during Lent, starting Ash Wed, March 2
- Higher Things: Dare to be Lutheran daily reflections
- Readings and meditations for each day in Lent from the Lutheran Hour
- The Word of the Lord Endures Forever (Podcast Bible Study)
- For God So Loved Lenten Activity Calendar 2022
Ash Wednesday: the Church’s entrance into Lent by Repentance and Faith in Christ’s atonement
- ** Tues ** Mar 1, 6pm – Service of Corporate Confession and Absolution
GOOD SHEPHERD MAY BE MOVING IN MARCH OR APRIL 2022 TO A NEW LOCATION IN THE MONCTON AREA.
OUR SCHEDULE SPECIFICS (TIMES, PLACES) ARE THEREFORE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, BUT THE CALENDAR WILL PRETTY MUCH STAY THE SAME!
Sundays in Lent
- 10:30am The Divine Service for the whole family
Tuesdays during Lent
- 6pm, Lenten Passion Vespers
(with readings from the Passion of our Lord from all four Gospels)
- 8pm, Office du soir (vêpres) de la passion
(avec lectures de la passion de notre Seigneur tirées des quatre Évangiles)
- Palm Sunday, Apr10, 10:30am: Divine Service of Palms and Passion
- Maundy Thursday, Apr 14, 7pm: Divine Service for the institution of the Sacrament of the Altar
- Good Friday, Apr 15, 10:30am: The Chief Divine Service
Easter: The Resurrection of our Lord
- Easter Sunday, April 17, 10:30am: The Divine Service of the Resurrection of our Lord
- 50 days after Easter (7 weeks + 1!): the joy of Jesus’ resurrection continues and He comes to His Church
All welcome — all invited!